Lilypie

Monday, April 21, 2008

Scott's New Ride and Lawson Baby

It has been a pretty busy week for us. First off Scott got himself a "new" truck. His truck old blue has bit the dust, beyond worth fixing. So, Scott has purchased himself a 1984 vintage F-250 (check out those sweet rims). The funny thing is is that he is in LOVE with it! He thinks it is the greatest thing ever. All he needs now he said is a pair of cowboy boots and a gun rack and he is in business. I really don't know him anymore...............Well at least he is happy. I just think it is kind of a beast.
This is what Scott's old truck looks like now. Kinda sad..........
Lawson has been kinda sick for like a week. He has had low-grade fevers off and on and during the night would just wake up just on fire. Friday afternoon it peaked to 103 and he was not looking good. Our insurance company has an on-line nurse and I called her to see what needed to be done. She said to take him to an insta-care clinic in Ogden. So we went to the only clinic was open that late. about 45 min. we reached our destination only to find out that they are not excepting new patients (ridiculous) and she said that we had better go to the hospital. We decided that we would go to the hospital back in Brigham. When we finally got there Lawson's fever broke and was doing a lot better, but still checked him in to the er to get checked out. The doctor said that it was just teething, but I asked the nurse on the phone if teething would bring that high of a temp. and she said no. We got mixed reviews and where confused. That night Lawson's temp reach almost 104, so Scott had the idea to all sleep on the floor downstairs. At 1:30 in the morning we grabbed all of our blankets and pillows and made ourselves a giant bed. Well, needless to say it was the worst ideal ever! Lawson was right in between us and was ALL over the place. We had a few round kicks to the face, fists in our backs, and Scott ended up pinned against the couch because Lawson for some reason had to be as close to him as possible. Well finally the next day we were able to get him on antibiotics, I knew that it just couldn't be teething, and he has been doing so much better ever since...poor Lawson boy.

14 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey!! I am sorry to hear about lawson! It is the WORST to have a sick baby! Is he doing better? Im really confused with bry right now. I'll have to keep you updated!

Kaylie Jean said...

Im so sorry Lawson was sick! :[ but im glad hes feelin better! And that is one cool truck haha lol gosh i want a new car.... lol also i dont know if u got my last comment but you can for sure add me to ur list :]i added u to mine i hope thats ok? I hope lawson just keeps gettin better!

Cori Carpenter said...

That's too bad about Lawson!! I would also highly doubt that a 103-104 degree temp would be teething, but who knows!! Children's motrin has always worked really well with bringing Indi's fevers down (better than tylenol)! Anyway, that's cool that Scott got a new truck...always fun!!

Nicole said...

Oh, poor baby!! Zack used to get really high fevers and it totally freaked me out. I know all about those sleepless nights - I feel your pain! Fevers are NO fun.

Sweet truck!

Kassi said...

Oh Sara I love that truck haha it is awsome! Scott should go get new cowboy boots it would just be cool if he did. haha I am sorry Lawson has been sick that is just no fun and I hope things get better.

Kristi said...

LOL!! Tell him old Teresa Will get him some boots!!!! That sucks so bad about Lawson, is he ok? That last picture is so funny, cause their arms are the same!! And the Quizes thats funny, I took the girl quizes and I got like 5 different girls but only 1 guy!
LOL thats funny I will try to post picks tonight!! Well Kiss Lawson for me and tell Scott Sweet Ride!!!

Amanda P. said...

Poor kid! I hate that sick stuff it really sucks! I bet you were furious when they told you no new patients and you are standing there with a sick baby....grrrrr. that makes me mad too!!! I'm glad that he is doing better now though :)

Taylors said...

There is no way he should have had a fever that high if it were teething! My doctor told me low low grade for teething but nothing above 100! What a crazy night. I loved the part when you said Lawson had to get as close to Scott as possible... why do kids do that ? :) I am glad he is doing better! ps Love the truck!

BRiTT said...

OoooHHH... PoOr BaBy!!! It sucks so bad when your little ones get sick and you just wanna fix it and there is nothing you can do but love them!

And ScoTT... Now I am REALLY concerned! You are sounding like a true Tremonton BOY!! HE HE HE Maybe you guys should consider moving to the sticks with me:) Well not WITH me BUT by me!!! I love you guys!!!!!!!!

Brittany said...

So the sleeping on the floor thing wasn't the best idea huh?? Sounds like you and Scott woke-up with a few bruises!:) I am totally lovin' the new "ride"! It's awesome and I can totally see Scott loving it! Make his wish come true...get him some cowboy boots and a gun rack and maybe knock-out one of his front teeth.:)

Roger and Tammy Family said...

hi i am glad that Lawson is feeling better!! love the new truck Scott!!
Chad wants a beetle car so we have started looking for some for him.
I can't wait to see you guys this weekend it will be fun!!! see ya soon

Love you guys
Mom

Kristi said...

Hey I will show you when you come down how to do it, if you show me how you split in on the two sides!!! Mom says your going to be here Thursday night!!! Im so Excited!!! So, you better come ready to learn! Love ya tons!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I seriously love Scott's new ride and I can totally picture him with boots loving it too! I hate when babies are sick--its just hard to know when to take them in! Hopefully he is feeling better though.

I can totally relate about the bad sleeping situation....when I stayed at my parents, I decided to let Jack sleep with me since I was all alone. BIG MISTAKE! It took him forever to fall asleep and the whole time he just kept slapping and pinching at me(and his fingernails had not been cut in a while), so I woke up with little scratches all over. And, he kept waking up crying all night and he usually doesn't wake up at all! The worst part was, I left his pack and play in the car and didn't want to have to go get it in the middle of the night, so I just sucked it up. It will never happen again, though!

Ashley said...

things are actually going lots better. I got a little more feedback from my man. Its great!! How are things for you? we need to get together! Let me know when's good for you. then, I'll make a trip to BC!!