Lilypie

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well we finally returned home on Friday from our little holiday vacation! It was so fun to spend time with both of our families but it is also nice to be home as well. I spent a week in Kanab with my family then the Sunday before Christmas we went over to Scott's parents in Cedar to spend Christmas there. It was fun to get together with Scott's entire family, especially when we don't get to see them very often. Lawson had a fun Christmas although he was more interested in the wrapping and boxes than he was the toys themselves. Oh and we spent half the time doing the finger sweep to his mouth to recover wrapping paper and other weird objects that he found to put in his mouth! The day after Christmas though Lawson started to get sick. We took him to the insta-care down in Cedar and he had come down with the croup! Poor little guy this was the first time he had gotten sick. So for the rest of our time we took turns holding him and caring for him. Scott and I all eventually got sick as well as that is why it has taking me so long to get something going on the blog! But we are finally all doing better and Lawson is almost back to his old self again. Ahhhhh I hated it when Lawson was sick, I would rather be sick a hundred times than for Lawson little baby to be sick and you can't really do anything about it! But I guess you can't protect them from everything even though you would like too!
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys! We missed you at our lunch! I am sure you had a wonderful time with your family though! I'm so sorry that Lawson and you two got sick.:( I hope you are feeling better!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Yes! You finally updated! I am so sorry that he got sick, as well as you and Scott. That sucks! Jack was totally congested and coughing too, but I must be a bad mom because I haven't taken him to the doctor! He seems to be doing okay though. I'm glad you had a good time vacationing, but it does get exhausting by the end and it feels good to get back home. The pictures are so cute! I am so sad you missed lunch too, but we'll have to get together again sometime. We're coming to Logan the first week in Feb--maybe then!

Melinda said...

Happy New Year! I'm soooooooooooooo sad too! I was really hoping I would get to see you guys. I know how it goes though. It's tough during the Holidays. Christmas is like a germ fest, it's really hard not to get sick during that time. Sorry it happened to your little guy. I hope we can meet up sometime this year though. Maybe this summer. It's been forever!!!

Cori Carpenter said...

Well, it sounded like you had a good Christmas despite the fact that Lawson got sick!! Indi got sick too on Christmas morning as did the rest of the family! I am like you...I would give anything to not see Indi sick...I hate when she's not feeling good! I am glad you guys got settled back home...it's always nice to get back into routine when you come home from a long vacation! Love ya!

Ashley said...

Sarah! I haven't talked to you in forever!! I am so happy I ran across your page! Where are you living now? I actually teach Jr. High in Layton, Utah. Weird huh??!! I never thought I would be here! :o) Your baby is adorable! I would love to talk to you sometime! Hope all is well